VARI 4000 APP FOR iPHONE & iPAD
VARI 4000 APP
for iPhone and iPad
The VARI 4000 app lets you control your VARI 4112 or VARI 4115 powered speaker wirelessly, from the audience position, to get the ideal sound for your venue and application.
Customize any Voicing, with 7 bands of parametric EQ, and save your personal settings to the VARI’s hardware memory so they’ll be available any time, with or without the app. Control the master speaker of a Smart Stereo setup, and hear every adjustment in real time from all speakers in the Smart Stereo setup.
Here’s what you can you do with a VARI 4000 and the VARI 4000 app:
From the app or the VARI’s own display you can adjust the sound as follows:
• Voicing selection – the hardware and app both allow you to select any of the Voicings, which tune the speaker sound for various applications
• Master Volume, Bass and Treble – these are knobs on the hardware, and controlled by sliders in the app
• Sub Cut filter – this is a menu on the hardware, and also on the app, and selects a frequency or OFF for a low cut filter
• Location – this is a menu on the hardware, and also in the app, allowing a selection of Pole, Floor or Wall (Pole leaves sound unaltered, Floor and Wall reduce bass frequencies to compensate for those physical placements, when the speaker is on the floor in “wedge” position, or placed against a wall)
• Note you CANNOT control input volume (the gain of individual Channels of the VARI), as those are analog gain controls
The app lets you do all this also, and go further, because it lets you edit any Voicing (the VARI’s own display only allows voicing selection, not voicing edit)
• Each Voicing is made up of 7 EQ bands, each can be set for Butterworth Low Cut (aka High Pass), Low Shelf, • Parametric (aka peaking), or High Shelf
• You can edit and store every/any Voicing to VARI’s memory, so these will all be available from the app, and without it
• VARI and the app support 10 Voicing memories
• First 5 are Standard (flat), Club, Live Band, Speech, AcoGtr&Vox
• Last 5 are called User 1-5, all set to flat (same as Standard), as a starting point for your customization
Note that while the app only connects to and controls one speaker at a time, it can effectively control multiple pairs of Smart Stereo speakers at once
• As described in VARI 4000 Series Owner’s Manual, you can set master speaker to determine the sound, volume and routing for the whole system
• And you can control that master speaker from the app, effectively controlling the entire rig, even subwoofers connected from the linked speakers
You can also stream audio via Bluetooth while using the app, so you can play audio from your device to your VARI speakers, as you operate the app.
• Play the audio from your audio apps on the phone, such as the standard Music app, while you also run the VARI 4000 App
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a VARI 4000 app for Android?
No. The app for VARI 4000 is for iOS only, and supports iPhone and iPad.
Where do I download the VARI 4000 App?
From the App Store on your iOS device, search for VARI 4000.
What iOS version is supported for VARI 4000 app?
iOS 11 and later, and all versions of iPad OS.
What iOS devices are supported by VARI 4000 app?
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)